Creating an Original TV Series
Student Level: All
Sorry, there are currently no sections scheduled for this class
You may also enjoy one of the following courses:
About the Class
Have you ever had an idea that you thought would be a perfect TV series? This is your chance to learn the process of how TV series are developed!
This course will teach students all the steps to get TV shows created from idea to filming the pilot episode. Students will create their own series concepts, pitch them in class and receive feedback as they move through the conceptual stages.
The format of this class is a combination of lectures and discussions, including topic such as:
- How shows get on networks and cable outlets
- Structure of TV series
- Creating the "world" of your show
- Creating and fine tuning the characters in your show
- How to write a series Format and Bible
- How to approach and create a series Pilot Episode
The course will also include:
- Analysis of sample pilots
- Reading show bibles
- Reading show pilot scripts
- Discussion of successful show and prototypes
At the end of this course, students will have a clear understanding of the process of getting a TV show started and be able to create a format and pilot treatment.
Please note: Pilot scripts will not be written within this class
*This course is conducted entirely online via ZOOM. All projects are created outside of scheduled class time. *Please note that dates and times of the course are subject to changes. Additional tutorials are taught during outside hours.
INSTRUCTOR(S): Pamela Douglas