November SCA Embedded Counselor Workshops
November 20, 2023 - November 21, 2023, November 20 @ 1 and November 21 @ 3
In-Person and Virtual
We are offering two SCA Embedded Counselor Workshops in November: SCA International Student Support Space and Ahhhhhh!: Navigating Communication Challenges in Creative Groups/Teams. Please feel free to RSVP for one or both workshops.
Join us in-person on November 20th at 1:00pm for a support space for SCA international students – we will discuss the unique challenges that our international students face and think through ways to move through these challenges to access the learning and relationships that brought folks to SCA.
Join us November 21st at 3:00pm virtually for a workshop on Navigating Communication Challenges in Creative Groups and Teams. In this workshop we share different communication strategies that can help folks move through the many challenges that come with creative collaboration. We will provide space for discussing unique communication challenges that SCA students face.
In order to support the mental health and well-being of our SCA students, SCA and Counseling and Mental Health Services are proud to offer monthly supportive workshops via Zoom. These workshops are exclusively for SCA students and for the Fall semester, each month will address a different theme. The SCA embedded therapists, Kristin Howard, LMFT, and Olivia Wills, LCSW, will provide tools and practical approaches and facilitate peer to peer conversation around each topic to draw out helpful perspectives and techniques with fellow SCA students. These workshops are intended to address the current, pressing concerns of SCA students.
The remaining Fall 2023 workshops and topics are listed below:
- November 20 at 1:00pm - SCA International Student Support Space (in-person)
- November 21 at 3:00pm - Ahhhhhh!: Navigating Communication Challenges in Creative Groups/Teams
- December 11 at 3:00pm - Coping through Making (an in-person workshop where you will create projects)
To schedule an individual appointment with a counselor or access "Let's Talk" sessions, students will use their MySHR portal:
- Click on Appointments (on left side of screen)
- Click on Schedule an Appointment (top of screen)
- Click on Counseling and Mental Health
- Click on Academic Embedded Therapist to see availability for and schedule with either Kristin Howard or Olivia Wills or you are welcome to schedule a "Let's Talk" or "Solution Session" or choose another therapist based on specialty or identity if preferred.
I also want to remind you that UWill "Therapy+" is a newer service available for all eligible USC students through that same menu. It is a quickly accessible, telehealth, short term therapy option and many of their services have availability within 24-48 hours.