1. What interests you the most about Production? Just the fact I get to make movies is pretty exciting for me.
2. What originally led you to studying Production? Movie making is cool, although at first it felt like a grotesquely selfish endeavor. I had so much fun making really awful little clips while my parents mourned the loss of their daughter’s job security. Even though my movies were total sh*t, it was crazy that something this fun could (potentially) be enjoyed by audiences completely detached from its creation. People love movies. Maybe politicians feel this after giving an outstanding speeches, or journalists after publishing impeccable articles. I just don’t enjoy speeches and articles as much, so it was easier to recognize in movie making.
3. What advice do you have for prospective students looking to apply to SCA? Good luck! In my case, it was 90% luck. If you’re reading this, you’re doing much better than I was already.
4. How has this program prepared you so far in your career in entertainment? The other students I’ve met at SCA are incredible. They force me to work hard and have provided incredible connections. Right now, I’m only working because of a friend’s referral. Also, the talent here is insane. You feel the pressure to do well because everyone else is really trying hard, or they’re some flawless semi-mythological film nymph...they could also be multi-millionaires. Feeling pressure is the only way I get anything done (unfortunately) and I’m learning how to get stuff done.
5. What have been your biggest challenges at USC? I shot my first class project on my iPhone and edited on iMovie. We screened these projects in front of the whole class. Some of these kids have been making movies since they were eight. Suffice to say, I had a bit of catching up to do. I was bad, I’m still bad, and it’s going to be that way for a very long time, but I’m getting there.
6. What are you involved in right now? Where can people find out more about your work? The only club I’m a part of is Troy camp, which is community service and not at all SCA related. I have a vimeo for my school projects and an instagram that’s got some animation on it.