Current USC Transfer Application Instructions
- December 1st: Animation + Digital Arts & Writing for Screen & Television
- February 15th: Cinema & Media Studies, Film & Television Production, Game Art, Interactive Entertainment, Media Arts + Practice
- Admission Notification Date: By May 31st
Spring semester (current USC applications to Cinema & Media Studies, Film & Television Production, Media Arts + Practice):
- Application Deadline: September 15th
- Admission Notification Date: By October 30th
In order to be considered for admission, all required applications and materials must be submitted by the deadline. Late applications will not be considered. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all materials are submitted.
The School of Cinematic Arts cannot verify receipt of any application materials. Applicants may check the SlideRoom Application portal for the status of materials.
Current USC transfer applicants must submit the following materials:
- SCA Supplemental Application for Admission
You must upload a PDF of your STARS Report to the SlideRoom Application.
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required in no particular format and must be submitted via the SlideRoom Application. At least one letter must be an academic reference.
All applicants are required to submit supplemental materials via the SlideRoom Application. Please be sure to submit the correct SlideRoom Application for the program you intend to apply for and your incoming status.
If you apply to more than one SCA program, you must submit a SlideRoom Application for each program.
Select the program(s) you intend to apply for to view SlideRoom Application instructions.