Undergraduate advisement for Cinematic Arts majors - Fall 2016
- Students should meet with their advisor once a semester to review his/her progress and plan a schedule for the upcoming term. All Cinema & Media Studies and Production majors should meet with an advisor in the Student Services office (SCB 105). Animation, Interactive Entertainment, Media Arts and Practice, and Writing majors will meet with his/her division advisors.
- SCA students who have earned fewer than 24 units at USC will have a registration hold and are required to meet with an advisor before the hold can be lifted and they can register for classes.
- SCA B.A. students who have 48 units earned and have not completed the foreign language requirement are required to meet with an advisor before the hold can be lifted and they can register for classes.
- Web Registration appointment times for Fall 2016 will be posted on OASIS under "Permit to Register" on March 7.
Scheduling an advisement appointment
- Priority for advisement appointments is based on seniority, which is determined by units earned (both transfer and USC) prior to this Spring 2016 semester. Units that are currently in progress are not considered earned and do not count towards eligibility. Check your STARS report on OASIS to verify your unit total.
- Animation majors: will be directly contacted via email by their advisor and asked to sign up for an advising appointment based on seniority. For additional questions, please contact Daphne Sigismondi in the John C. Hench Division of Animation & Digital Arts at 213.740.3986.
- Interactive Entertainment majors: You may schedule an appointment directly with the Interactive Media and Games Division by emailing USCInteractive@cinema.usc.edu or you may call them at 213.821.4472.
- Media Arts and Practice Majors: Contact Sonia Seetharaman at email@example.com
- Writing majors: contact Kristen Davis in the Writing Division at 213.740.3303.
- Cinema & Media Studies and Production majors: Please review the below "Advisement Appointment Schedule". You may schedule an appointment online at my.usc.edu under "Undergraduate Advisement" tab. Available appointments online may only be scheduled with your assigned advisor.
- If you have problems, please contact your advisor via email, or contact Office of Student Services at 213.740.8358 or in-person at SCB 105.
Note: Academic advisement is not available on a walk-in basis.
Please note, your first day to schedule an appointment is different than your registration or advisement date. Your advisement appointment will be scheduled for 1 - 3 weeks after your call-in date.
Appointment Schedule for Cinema & Media Studies and Production Majors
|Class Standing:||Can begin scheduling advisement
appointments via MY.USC.EDU on:
will begin on:
|112+ units earned||Wednesday, March 2 @ 10:00 am||March 7|
|96 - 111 units earned||Friday, March 4 @ 10:00 am||March 7|
|64 - 95 units earned||Wednesday, March 9 @ 10:00 am||March 14 (Spring Break)|
|32 - 63 units earned||Monday, March 28 @ 10:00 am||April 4|
|0 - 31 units earned||Thursday, April 7 @ 10:00 am||April 13|
Special instructions for Production students
There will be a mandatory safety seminar for all students taking CPTR 294 and 295 or CTPR 290. Information on dates and times for the seminar will be available at advisement. Students must attend this seminar to be eligible to check out equipment, use facilities, and procure insurance.
Special instructions for Cinema & Media Studies students
If you plan to take CTPR 290 in Spring 2015 to qualify to take these classes you must have earned 48 units by the end of Spring 2016. CTPR 290 will require a mandatory safety seminar. Information on dates and times for the seminar will be available at advisement. Students must attend this seminar to be eligible to check out equipment, use facilities, and procure insurance. D-clearances for CTPR 290 will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis during your advisement appointment. There is no guarantee you will be able to take these courses in the Fall 2016 semester.
Please come to your appointment with a plan of what you intend to take in the spring. Refer to your previous advisement sheet and the latest STARS report, which is available on OASIS.
Be on time
If you are 10 minutes late for your advisement appointment you will have to reschedule. You will be given the next available appointment, which could be 2-3 weeks later. There will be no exceptions, even if you will not be able to register until after your registration appointment time.
Call in cancellations
Please call to reschedule if you know you can't make your appointment. Students who are 10 or more minutes late for their appointment will need to reschedule their appointment for the next available time.