Undergraduate advisement for Cinematic Arts majors – Spring 2014
- All Critical Studies and Production majors should meet with an advisor in the Student Services office (SCB 105) once a semester to review his/her progress and plan a schedule for the upcoming term. Writing, Animation and Interactive Entertainment majors will meet with his/her division advisors.
- SCA students who have earned fewer than 24 units at USC will have a registration hold and are required to meet with an advisor before the hold can be lifted and they can register for classes.
- SCA B.A. students who have 48 units earned and have not completed the foreign language requirement are required to meet with an advisor before the hold can be lifted and can register for classes.
- Registration appointment times for Spring 2014 will be posted on OASIS on October 7th.
Scheduling an advisement appointment
- Priority for advisement appointments is based on seniority, which is determined by units earned (both transfer and USC) prior to Fall 2013 semester. Units that are currently in progress are not considered earned and do not count towards eligibility. Check your STARS report on OASIS to verify your unit total.
- Critical Studies and Production majors:Please review the below "Advisement Appointment Schedule". You may schedule an appointment
online at my.usc.edu under "Undergraduate Advisement" tab.
Available appointments online may only be scheduled with your assigned advisor. Students who do not have an assigned advisor, times will
be listed under each advisor in alphabetical order. You must check each advisors schedule to view the earliest available time.
- Otherwise, contact Office of Student Services at 213.740.2911 or in-person at SCB 105.
- Writing majors: contact Kristen Davis in the Writing Division at 213.740.3303.
- Interactive Entertainment majors: contact Akira Thompson in the Interactive Media Division at 213.740.6797
- Animation majors: will be directly contacted via email by their advisor and asked to sign up for an advising appointment based on seniority. For additional questions, please contact Daphne Sigismondi in the John C. Hench Division of Animation & Digital Arts at 213.740.3986.
Note: Academic advisement is not available on a walk-in basis.
Please note, your first day to schedule an appointment is different than your registration or advisement date. Your advisement appointment will be scheduled for 1 - 3 weeks after your call-in date.
Appointment Schedule for Critical Studies and Production Majors
|Class Standing:||Can begin scheduling
advisement appoinments on:
will begin on:
|112+ units earned||Monday, September 30th @ 9:00 am||October 7th|
|96 - 111 units earned||Tuesday, October 1st @ 9:00 am|
|64 - 95 units earned||Monday, October 7th @ 9:00 am||October 14th|
|32 - 63 units earned||Monday, October 21 @ 9:00 am||October 28th|
|0 - 31 units earned||Monday, October 28 @ 9:00 am||November 7th|
Special instructions for production students
If you plan to take CTPR 294 and CTPR 295 in Spring 2014 you must indicate that when you make your appointment. To qualify to take these classes, you must have attended three full-time semesters at USC by the end of Fall 2013.
There will be a mandatory safety seminar for all students taking CPTR 294 and 295. Information on dates and times for the seminar will be available at advisement. Students must attend this seminar to be eligible to check out equipment, use facilities, and procure insurance.
Special instructions for critical studies students
If you plan to take CTPR 241 and CTPR 290 in Spring 2014 you must indicate that when you make your appointment. To qualify to take these classes you must have earned 48 units by the end of Fall 2013.
D-clearances for CTPR 241 and CTPR 290 will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis during your advisement appointment. There is no guarantee you will be able to take these courses in the Spring 2014 semester.
There will be a mandatory safety seminar for all students taking CPTR 241 and CPTR 290. Information on dates and times for the seminar will be available at advisement. Students must attend this seminar to be eligible to check out equipment, use facilities, and procure insurance.
Please come to your appointment with a plan of what you intend to take in the spring. Refer to your previous advisement sheet and the latest STARS report, which is available on OASIS.
Be on time
If you are 10 minutes late for your advisement appointment you will have to reschedule. You will be given the next available appointment, which could be 2-3 weeks later. There will be no exceptions, even if you will not be able to register until after your registration appointment time.
Call in cancellations
Please call to reschedule if you know you can't make your appointment. Students who are 10 or more minutes late for their appointment will need to reschedule their appointment for the next available time.